Tehran Greeters (TG)
Services Policies, Terms and Conditions
1- About Tehran GREETERS
Tehran GREETERS hereafter referred to as TG, is a pure volunteer group formed to encourage understanding of Persian culture and people, and to promote cross-cultural friendship.
2- Member of International Greeters Association
International Greeters Association, is an informal association of Greeter programs around the world. TG shares the core values of International Greeters Association as listed below (excerpted from the website of the International Greeter Association)
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination.
- Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people.
- Meeting a Greeter is free of charge.
- All visitors and volunteers are welcome without any kind of discrimination.
- Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respect natural and man-made environments, bringing both cultural and economic enrichment to local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
- Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange; create links between people in creating a better world.
- Members of TG are volunteers who provide greeter services out of their own goodwill. TG makes no claims or guarantees as to the qualifications or experience of its greeters.
- TG welcomes both individuals and small groups of up to six (6) people.
- TG offers one (1) greeter to a visitor or a group of visitors. There are several fixed routes for popular destinations.
- TG reserves the right to refuse requests or itineraries that TG deems unreasonable for any reason. Greeters of TG are unable to reserve events, purchase tickets or otherwise act as intermediary booking agents.
Meeting a greeter of TG is free of charge. TG and its greeters don’t request any expenses including the greeter’s transportation, admission fees and dining costs.
5- Inappropriate Conduct
TG and its greeters reserve the right to terminate greeter services at any point during the tour if the visitor(s) exhibit any of the following behaviours:
- UNSAFE or ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR.
- INAPPROPRIATE SEXUAL BEHAVIOR or advances. This includes sexual behaviour initiated by the visitor(s) toward the greeter, occurring among the visitor(s) and or that initiated by the visitor(s)
- toward – persons outside of the tour group.
- INTOXICATION AND ILLICIT DRUG ABUSE.
- ANY CONDUCT, BEHAVIOR, OR ACTION that the greeter feels inappropriate or offensive or reflects poorly upon his or her self or TG.
6- Statement of Limited Liability
TG and its greeters are not responsible for any illnesses, injuries, thefts, losses, or any resulting damages incurred by the visitor(s) while using TG services.
The visitor(s) accept(s) full responsibility for any damages, injuries, or losses that he/she/they may incur while using TG services.
7- Right to Refuse Service, Conflicts of Interest
TG can refuse to offer its services and/or terminate its services to the visitor(s) at any point for the following reasons:
- The greeter’s activity time exceeds three hours.
- The greeter has to incur any expenses related to the tour.
- The visitor(s) provides false information through the application form when requesting a greeter and/or e-mail exchanges with TG or the greeter.
- The visitor(s) attempt(s) to profit or gain monetarily from TG services or operate(s) a business which attempts to profit or gain from TG services.
- The visitor(s) paid for or received a referral to TG services by a for-profit entity such as a travel agency.
- The visitor(s) request(s) to engage in “sexual tourism” in any form or fashion.
- The greeter may cancel appointments with due notice if unavoidable reasons or extreme circumstances (e.g., extreme weather conditions, natural disaster, etc.) occur.
8- Sudden Cancellation by Visitor(s)
TG reserves the right to refuse service to the visitor(s) who have previously cancelled appointments without due notice.
This excludes cases in which cancellation was for unavoidable reasons or extreme circumstances.
9- Process for Being Appointed a Greeter
- The visitor (s) agree to adhere to the following process when requesting a greeter from TG.
- visitor applies for a greeter at the relevant form on the website.
- the visitor receives an acceptance e-mail from TG.
- the visitor can contacts the greeter via e-mail directly.
- in case we cannot find a fitting Greeter or he/she has no time, we will send you a cancellation.
10- Cases in Which TG May be Unable to Provide a Greeter
In the following cases, TG may be unable to provide a greeter to the visitor(s):
- There are too many applicants and or a shortage of available greeters.
- A greeter cannot be found who is able to meet the visitor’s request (e.g., meeting at an airport, starting a tour from early morning, going a long distance, visiting pay facilities.
- The visitor fails to submit his or her request at least two (2) weeks prior to the requested tour date.
- A request by a visitor(s) who is less than 18 years old.
11- Acceptance of Policies, Terms and Conditions of TEHRAN GREETERS (TG)
I, the visitor, by clicking “Agree” in the form Meet a Greeter or Become a Greeter, do hereby state my absolute acceptance of the policies, terms and conditions of TEHRAN GREETERS (TG) as outlined in this agreement.